The Sharing KnowledgE Assets: InteRregionally Cohesive NeigHborhoods (SEARCH) is a project financed by the European Union under the Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development in the ‘Socio-economic sciences and the humanities’ area (FP7-SSH-SSH-2010.2.2-266834).
The SEARCH consortium consists of 17 partners from different European and Neighborhoods countries and the main objective of the project is to strengthen the integration process between the EU and the NCs by focusing on the European Research Neighbourhood (ERN), thereby improving fundamentally the understanding of institutional framework conditions of the ENP countries, their economic interactions with the EU in terms of people, capital, trade, knowledge, and innovation, in order to improve future definition and implementation of European Neighbouring Policies taking into account that “one size fits all” policy recommendations will not be appropriate due to the bilateral nature of the EU-ENP countries agreements.
The centre for North-South Economic Research (CRENoS), hosting the meeting, is deeply involved in the project with more than 20 researchers working in 3 out of 4 research workpackages. The CRENoS team, led by prof. Raffaele Paci, is also the leader for the workpackage concerning “Technological activities and innovation diffusion in the EU and interactions with the Neighboring Countries”.
More than 40 researchers belonging from several European and Neighboring countries universities and research centres will attend the meeting in order to monitor the progress achieved and the quality of the results obtained as the project moves forward.
During this meeting, the Advisory Board, representatives from public administrations of different EU and Neighboring Countries, will be represented by:
• Mr. Iurii Bazhal. Head of Economics Department. National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy” (Ukraine)
• Mr. Sergiu Celac, Former Foreign Minister of Romania, Senior Adviser, National Center for Sustainable Development (Romania)
• Mr. Jussi Närvi, European External Action Service of the European Commission
• Mr. Norbert Pap, PhD, Habil. MA, MSc, Associate professor, Head of Department of Political Geography and Regional Development. University of Pécs (Hungary)
• Mr. Daniel Shefer Kunin-Lunefeld. Chair in Urban and Regional Economics, Center for Urban and Regional Studies. Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (Israel) the Head of Economics Department National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy” (Ukraine), the Former Foreign Minister of Romania, Senior Adviser, National Center for Sustainable Development (Romania).
For more information about the SEARCH project please click here.